Carload Contest Rules
JUNIOR AND SENIOR COLLEGIATE CARLOAD CATTLE JUDGING CONTEST
Click here to download the Carload rules (.pdf)
Entry Fee: $300 Per Team
1. The Collegiate Carload Judging Contest will be conducted in the National Western Stockyards Arena (in the middle of the Yards) at 8:30 a.m., Friday, January 13, 2017. Contestants will assemble in the Stockyards Arena at 8:00 a.m.
2. Four (4) groups of cattle will be placed in each class.
3. Twenty (20) minutes will be allowed to place each class of cattle in this contest.
4. Classes are subject to change
A. Pens of Feeder Cattle
B. Pens of Market Cattle
C. Pens of Bulls
D. Pens of Heifers
5. A tie or ties will be broken favoring the contestant/team with the highest score on questions. If a tie still remains, the next tie breaker will be the class/classes with the lowest total cuts.
6. Senior College contestants who have judged in the Senior College Livestock Judging Contest in a previous year are ineligible to compete in the Collegiate Carload Judging Contest.
7. Parking: A one-day parking pass will be provided for teams to park on the National Western grounds.
8. Coach’s Meeting: The coach’s meeting will be held Wednesday, January 11, 2017 at the Double Tree Hotel (6:00 p.m. beverages; 6:45 p.m. dinner). Reservations must be made on your entry form. All coaches must attend this meeting. Awards banquet confirmations, passes and final contest instructions will be issued at this meeting. Please return your traveling trophies at this meeting so we have them ready for the awards banquet!!!!!
9. Awards Banquet: The Awards Banquet will be held Friday, January 13, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. at the Double Tree Hotel. Each coach judging a team (maximum of 2 coaches) as well as contest participants (not alternates) will receive free admission to the awards banquet. Those individuals competing in more than one (1) division will receive only one (1) pass. No admittance will be allowed without confirmation with the contest superintendent. No exceptions. Additional tickets must be purchased with entry form for administrators, alternates, spouses or other guests.
10. No carload contestants will be permitted in the National Western Yards on Thursday, January 12, 2017.